I cannot believe that I am even posting this. . .but yes, your truly has joined a gym. I never thought that those words would come out of my mouth. Mostly, I hit a point last month where I got so tired of not having anyone to run with (and being to frightened to run alone) and also finding that the only time I have to exercise is at 5 am....really, how many people will run with you at 5 am? I will tell you: NOBODY
So, for the past 2 weeks or so I have been going to Gold's at 5 am. It hasn't been as bad as I originally imagined it to be. I think that at 5 in the morning you don't get as many "crazys" at the gym. I am also trying to improve my workouts with a little bit of lifting weights -- I have never done this before and it is kind of out of my comfort zone. Those big machines just scare me, and honestly, sometimes I can't figure out the instructions. I need pictures to go with them.
So, don't be too surprised when you see me at the gym.....just remember I would much rather be running outside, or riding my bike or whatever, but that requires friends who also want to get up early early, and so far I haven't found anyone as crazy as me! (And yes, I do realize that waking up at 4:55 am every morning is not normal . . . and I may not be normal, but I am in pretty good shape!)

4 comments:
Amber!!!!
hello darling friend - i just saw your blog linked on Karen's blog and peeked at your ramblings. i love you! i miss your hilarious and insightful commentary on life and hope things are going well for you. happy working out at GOLDS!
loves,
ashley
nelson-spencerandashley[dot]blogspot[dot]com
Way to go on your Gold's membership! You are so good about keeping up a regular exercise program. I have yet to become a regular.
You are an inspiration!!! Keep it up!
I wish I was still at Golds, I would work out with you. I miss doing the weights...but, I do think 5 AM is early, but if you were there, I think I could make myself get out of bed!
I was up that early this morning!!! But only because grades are due at 8am and I'm a little behind. Haha!
Post a Comment