Counting during Spring Break goes a little something like this:
Zero -- The number of times I felt bad about not seeing my students for the next 5 days.
One -- Excited nephew who is coming to sleepover in just a few minutes.
Two -- Days until Garnet flies into town and the "girl time" begins. There is nothing better than girlfriends (and a quick shout out to their husbands who are willingly taking care of all the little ones to make this possible)
Three -- Books that I checked out at the library yesterday so that I can read all day long tomorrow if I choose too.
Four -- Tulips that have bloomed in the last 24 hours (I am sure that they know it is Spring Break and that I had high expectations for their arrival -- now if the other 12 or 13 would bloom that would be great)
Five -- Number of conference talks I printed off to prepare my talk for Sunday. Obviously, I don't know how to say no. . . seriously, it is my spring break, what was I thinking. I have to pick my favorite conference talk which means now I have to decide which one was my favorite.
Six -- Hours that it would take me to clean, organize and sort through all of my craft supplies and holiday decorations. I am undecided as to if this will be a "good" use of my time or not.
Seven -- Items that will come in my clinique bonus that I need to go to Macys and get when Garnet gets here on Thursday. I love the springtime bonus and I love Garn for reminding me that it was bonus time. It will be just like old times at the university mall!
Eight -- Stores that I will need to shop at when we go to the outlets in Park City.
Zero -- The number of times I felt bad about not seeing my students for the next 5 days.
One -- Excited nephew who is coming to sleepover in just a few minutes.
Two -- Days until Garnet flies into town and the "girl time" begins. There is nothing better than girlfriends (and a quick shout out to their husbands who are willingly taking care of all the little ones to make this possible)
Three -- Books that I checked out at the library yesterday so that I can read all day long tomorrow if I choose too.
Four -- Tulips that have bloomed in the last 24 hours (I am sure that they know it is Spring Break and that I had high expectations for their arrival -- now if the other 12 or 13 would bloom that would be great)
Five -- Number of conference talks I printed off to prepare my talk for Sunday. Obviously, I don't know how to say no. . . seriously, it is my spring break, what was I thinking. I have to pick my favorite conference talk which means now I have to decide which one was my favorite.
Six -- Hours that it would take me to clean, organize and sort through all of my craft supplies and holiday decorations. I am undecided as to if this will be a "good" use of my time or not.
Seven -- Items that will come in my clinique bonus that I need to go to Macys and get when Garnet gets here on Thursday. I love the springtime bonus and I love Garn for reminding me that it was bonus time. It will be just like old times at the university mall!
Eight -- Stores that I will need to shop at when we go to the outlets in Park City.
(Ann Taylor, Bannana Republic, Tommy Hillfiger, Nine West, Pearl Izumi, Cosmetics Company, Gap, The Paper Company)
Nine -- Time I can sleep in until if I choose too, but lets be honest I don't think I really have it in me to sleep that late. I might try just one day.
Ten -- Number of miles I hope to run at some point this weekend if the weather ever turns nice. Hopefully in under 1:20
3 days of Spring Break + one weekend = 5 days of vacation. . . . . and I am so excited I might not be able to sleep
(well that and the fact that Ethan will probably kick me all night long unless I can get him to sleep in the guest room).
HOORAY FOR SPRING BREAK!
Ten -- Number of miles I hope to run at some point this weekend if the weather ever turns nice. Hopefully in under 1:20
3 days of Spring Break + one weekend = 5 days of vacation. . . . . and I am so excited I might not be able to sleep
(well that and the fact that Ethan will probably kick me all night long unless I can get him to sleep in the guest room).
HOORAY FOR SPRING BREAK!

6 comments:
1-amazing sister that is willing to "sleep" with ethan!!
2- the time that ethan will wake up asking for a drink of water
ok that all i will do for now thanks amber
Wahoo - love the count down! We need this!!! Sounds like you're going to take full advantage!!!
I love your count down! Have fun with Garnet!!!
hooray for Spring Break!!! Oh--we'll be in Utah come July....definitely hoping to see you this time.
you're adorable. I just can't believe how much we have in common. #3,5 (minus the talk part..did that not too long ago),6,7, and 10 are all on my list too. hope you are enjoying your free time!
Your blog makes me smile. :) I'm speaking in my ward this Sunday, too. Good luck!
Post a Comment