5.31.2012

Of wetsuits and drowning and stupidity and such

First things first: 

Wetsuits:  not attractive, not comfortable and not easy to put on. 
Wetsuits:  Easy to float in, slimming because they are black (right?), make you look more professional than you will ever be. 

Drowning: Not fun, not desirable, not exactly the plan
Drowning:  A high possibility. 

Stupidity:  Not smart. 
Stupidity:  Thinking that one open water swim before a 1.2 mile swim (yes you read the right) is going to be enough. 

So, there you have it. 

Those are some of my observations from tonight. 

And from a professional triathlete (ya, I roll in circles like that) a few more observations. 

1.  Don't fight the water
2.  Slow down and breathe (rocket science right?)
3.  Just keep swimming, or back float or such. 
4.  Don't get water up your nose.  (seems easy. . . it's not)
5.  DON'T FIGHT THE WATER! 


I've got a little over a week to live my life. . . . before I possibly drown and die, wearing an unattractive wetsuit.  I hope that Eric will at least identify me for my loved ones. 

Any prayers would be appreciated.  Seriously.  Just pray I can survive the swim and make it to the 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run.  Praying that I will look good in a wetsuit is a lost cause. 


7 comments:

Aubrey said...

I second the "don't fight the water". Wetsuits are certainly not cute but you'll be so glad you have it. You're going to do great! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Aubrey said...

I second the "don't fight the water". Wetsuits are certainly not cute but you'll be so glad you have it. You're going to do great! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Aubrey said...

I second the "don't fight the water". Wetsuits are certainly not cute but you'll be so glad you have it. You're going to do great! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Aubrey said...

I second the "don't fight the water". Wetsuits are certainly not cute but you'll be so glad you have it. You're going to do great! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Mandi said...

Good luck!! You will be awesome and I can't wait to hear how you did.

Tyler and Rachael said...

i hope you didn't drown...you better post so we all know you are okay.

Lexie said...

I hope the race went well - you are so brave. I'm sure you did awesome!