11.03.2011

Thankful #2: PS I love you

Because I am no longer an employee of Art City Elementary where Shoni has an unending supply of air freshner I had to find an alternate.  

Today I am thankful for this wonderful body spray called:

So thankful
In the past 2 days I have had 3 children throw up in my classroom.  2 of those children threw up on me.  1 of them made it to a garbage can (or rather a garbage can was shoved in his very green, very threatening face).  

When Child #1 threw up the power was out, and had been for a number of hours.  

We are talking serious all over the place vomit. . . . all over the floor and all over my boots.  There is no way to clean up that kind of a mess sufficiently without a carpet wet vac, and a wet vac doesn't work when the power is out.  

So, in order to deal with the somewhat unpleasant/horribly offensive smell I sent one of my students to the faculty bathroom to retrieve a body spray.  She came back with above mentioned PS I love you and we sprayed that all over the classroom.  

The kids loved it and kept asking me what it was called.  

Of course I told them. 

Now they refer to it by name like it is a member of the family:  "Teacher, should we get the PS I Love You now?"  "Teacher, if someone else throws up we can just spray the PS I Love you."  "Teacher, you are probably going to need to buy more PS I Love You" 

PS I Love You and Miss Ostler's 2nd grade class are pretty tight.  

Especially since Child #2 and Child #3 decided today would be a good day to continue the puking pattern.  This time the smell wasn't so bad (thanks to a quicker, more efficient and effective clean up), but you better believe we sprayed that PS I Love You to our hearts content.  

I should probably tell Bath and Body works that they are getting some serious free advertising because of my misfortune.  

PS I Love You

Here's to hoping that tomorrow we are done with the sickness.  
I'm done with it.





3 comments:

SavSki said...

Wow... This week really did get better, didn't it? HAHA. I'm sorry, but that is just too funny that all these things keep happening to you! Rough week. I bet you'll be happy when it's done and over with? Let's go for 3 kids tomorrow? ;)

Haha, I so hope you aren't mad at me teasing you. You're awesome. I wouldn't be able to handle puke... Bleh...

Love you!

Garnet said...

Oh my goodness. I am laughing so hard. Not AT you. But come on, this is so like a scene from a movie. And the PS I Love you detail is hilarious. Also, I'm kinda sad about your boots. (And they were all out of my size at Target - Boo.) Hang in there friend. We all have days like this. Except you have 22 more children than me ... so I guess you have the potential for even worse days. Ber you should just send out an email today and tell the parents with so much puke flying around your room, everyone is contagious and nobody should come to school at least until next Tuesday. I am not joking.

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Oooooh, not the boots! I am laughing, but if it would have been me I probably would have been driven to tears at some point during this experience!