It is high time that I start blogging again and what better time than November, right!?
Last year I went to Boise to see a former roommate of mine and she taught me the importance of being grateful. We were even on the news. (We, meaning her, when I let her do all the talking). The news-man was asking us if we were out doing our Christmas shopping and Tara emphatically informed him that, we were NOT, in fact, doing our Christmas shopping because we hadn't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet and we were going to take time to Be Grateful.
So, that is what I am going to do. I am going to be grateful.
I think that I can post something every day in November that I am grateful for.
Today I am grateful for two things:
#1 Working electricity after the power was out for 4 1/2 hours at school today.
#2 A custodian who will clean up the puking mess in my classroom that occurred during the above power outage and 2nd grade chaos. Seriously, puke everywhere. I was not grateful for that, but I was grateful that the custodian took care of it (even though he thought it was a joke) while I yelled/gently suggested that all the students run out to recess.
That said, I guess I am actually grateful for one more thing.
#3: I am grateful that this day is over. After Halloween on Monday -- inside recess and snow on Tuesday -- and a power outage and puking today my bed couldn't sound any more inviting. Yep, definitely grateful that this day is over.


No comments:
Post a Comment