What? you are asking yourself, is she talking about.
Explanation.
This weekend was my grandpa's 80th birthday.
80 years is a long time to live. A serious accomplishment.
He has done a lot of things in his 80 years. 80 years is definitely fit to be celebrated.
I hope that he lives for at least 20 more.
Of his 80 years living my grandpa has been married 58+ of them. That is a lot of years.
That is where my thought of 80 before 50 comes in.
I will be 80 long before I am married for 50 years. I know that shouldn't be a big deal, but sometimes I feel like I am being cut short on a lot of great years that I could be spending with someone by my side.
When I turn 80 and they do a picture presentation of my life over half of it will just be me. No husband. No babies. Just me. Boring old me.
I think I am getting old. and maybe ornery. just a little.
Good thing my grandpa is still so happy and aging with dignity to balance out my bad attitude.
p.s. these pictures were taken in the summer -- thus the tan and the sunshine. Be assured that there is no sunshine or tan to be had here. I have a cold-sore so there will be no pictures posted of me at the actual 80th b-day party, unless I photo-shop them first. Rough week. No sun. No tan. No husband. No hope for a 50th wedding anniversary (or wedding at all at this point). Only a cold-sore and snowstorms in March. I'm ready for this month to be over.
Done & Done.



2 comments:
Amber, my heart aches for you. I wish I had a magic wand and could fix this for you. It is hard to be in a situation not of our own choosing and have to deal with it. Sending hugs.
xo -El
I love how you just throw out what you think and feel! Seriously, you're very justified. I would ALWAYS be bitter about things like that! I am very happy that you voice them more often than I did, because sometimes it really was miserable and HORRIBLE to just be single and have EVERYTHING remind you that you're totally alone... I think you're great :)
Post a Comment