69 days to the Ogden Marathon and at the rate i'm going I'll be lucky if I run 69 miles total by then.
Gotta get on the ball.
Ran a 10k this weekend. Why is the Rex Lee run always like my worst race ever? Seriously worst.
Probably should have just run 16 miles like the training schedule said.
Actually, who am I fooling: I can't follow a training schedule, I basically run long when I feel like running long and ride my bike when the sun comes out and do sprint workouts when I am tired of going slow and swim on the off chance I feel like putting on a swimsuit and smelling like chlorine all day.
My self-written training schedule could be summed up in one sentence: Run as far or short as you feel like running if and when you feel like it.
Ridiculous.
I need the fear of running instilled back in me. I do a lot better when I am actually worried about my performance instead of just assuming that I can make it 26.2 miles with one 20 miler under my belt.
Maybe I should look at my pictures from the last marathon and remember how I looked and felt like death warmed over. That would be motivating.
Oh, and also I need a running partner that loves running at 5:00 a.m. For real. Any takers?



3 comments:
why do we live in different counties? i need to run early too, but there is no chance of me making it to orem by 5am ever. and then there's the whole not getting ready at your own house part. i do still want to do some track sprints with you...i think.
I wish I could run with you at 5 am. It's not gonna happen with me though, I already know it. I wanna do your tri with you? Which one did you sign up for? And I'm jealous that you can still just go out and run. My knees KILLED me this weekend, they're JUNK and I still feel like an old man running... Good luck.
Maybe if you didn't live so far away. We could always get blue toothy things and chat like we were running together - and side note you can run just fine with just one 20 miler. You can also run fine with zero 20 milers. Just sayin.
Post a Comment