9.16.2010

wants a mini-van

Yep, I pretty much love them. One time when i was in college and test driving cars I was REALLY, REALLY tempted to bring home a Honda Odyssey just to throw my roommates off (and make them laugh -- being hilarious and all, making them laugh was easy to do).

I'm not totally positive where this love of the Honda Odyssey came from, but I just thought that driving a mini-van would be so great and how I would just sit in the front passenger seat while my husband drove and hand out sandwiches and pat his leg and say "good job driving honey" when we were on vacations.  But that would have been the ONLY time I would have made him drive the mini-van.  Honest.  All the other places he went (without family) he totally could have driven his fancy sports car. Fine with me.  I was going to drive the mini-van.

(I know you like it. this is the 2010 model)

I really believed that my mini-van love was normal and that a mini-van would obviously be a part of my life in just a few short years (I think that was in like the year 2000). 

sidenote: think of all the improvements that have been made on the Oddesy in 10 years. If it was great in the year 2000 it is phenomenal now I am sure.

Unfortunately for me, I have never dated anyone who felt the same way as me about mini-vans. Like, serious disagreements about the mini-van issue and these were only boys I was dating, but they were very firm on the fact that they would not drive a mini-van and that I wouldn't drive one either if I was married to them. Ridiculous.


One guy that I dated made it very clear that he would NEVER and I repeat NEVER drive a mini van.

Funny how I saw him today, driving a mini-van. I couldn't decide if I should laugh at him or be angry that he is living the life he said he would never live (with someone else as his wife telling him "good job driving honey"). I decided to just laugh. . . . and for the record he didn't look as great driving a mini-van as I had imagined him looking all those years ago.

Oh, and I think it is safe to say that at the rate I am going I won't ever really need a mini-van. If and when I ever have children 3 might be the most I get and they fit just fine in a mid-size SUV.

Maybe mini-van war is a battle I won't ever really have to fight after all.

But I still love them
 

4 comments:

Garnet said...

Oh Ber. I still think you are hilarious. And I don't think you should give up your mini-van dreams just yet. There's got to be a guy out there who will love your mini-van as much as you do. But unlike you, most guys aren't forward thinking enough in their single state of mind to realize how much life changes once you have children. Shawn still calls our Odyssey his baby and lovingly caresses it every time he walks into the garage. (It's blue like your picture, but 2006 not 2010 ... and yes, if you think they were awesome in 2000 they are much better now.)

Elizabeth said...

Maybe it is like that movie, Field of Dreams . . . if you buy it, they will come.

Wish I had a magic wand.

xo -E

Aubrey said...

I think one of the perks of being a little older is that I will never HAVE to drive a minivan. I'm pretty excited about the mid size SUV.

Tyler and Rachael said...

i love that you love mini-vans. i'm beginning to dream about them.....except that i'm kind of afraid of parking them, backing up, not hitting someone else in them, etc.... and i think it would have been funny if you ever would have bought one and drove it home to your roommates....i would have laughed for sure.