1.01.2010


2009 held some good times for me, some better times, and some things that were the best yet


good: I upgraded the road bike
better: I completed what I felt like was the most difficult century ride I have ever done.
best: Having friends to ride with who put up with me.


good: I plated tulip bulbs
better: They came up and didn't die in the surprise spring snowstorm(s)
best: Flowers from my own "yard" picked for my table.



good: I finally got a new Bosch Mixer
better: I found a bread recipe that I loved
best: the "cookie paddles" that go with the Bosch. (buy them if you don't have them)

good: I started going to a family ward
better: Church started at 9:00 (love that)
best: I get to sit by the cutest family every Sunday and finally have a reason to take children's books to church.

good: The roommate I had moved out
better: I live alone again -- Every mess in the house is mine
best: The house is NEVER messy

good: I had a new little niece born
better: I spent time with ALL of my family at some point during the year
best: We are together forever




good: I read lots of books
better: I organized my "classroom library" in the basement
best: I have a gift card to Barnes and Noble to get me through the new year.


good: I decided to clean the craft closet
better: I remembered how much I love sewing
best: I actually started and finished a quilt

good: I decided to start practicing my violin again
better: I started taking Suzuki Certification classes
best: They are almost over (I am sick of going every Saturday morning at 6 am)

good: I ran a marathon
better: Yes, it could have been better
best: This year is going to be faster (like 29 minutes faster)


good: All the friends I was able to spend time with
better: They came to Utah (or some of them never left)
best: It was like we had never been apart after all those years.



good: I went on some trips (New York was my favorite)
better: I had great friends to travel with
best: The shopping on the trips


good: I started a new job
better: I am learning new things
best: I can go back to the classroom and friends that I desperately miss if I want to.


good: looking back over the past year
better: 2009's adventures
best: Everything that awaits in 2010


Welcome 2010!!


6 comments:

Natalie said...

Amber I totally miss you and we NEED to get together. I love this post and all the neat things from your year. PS - I have the cookie paddles and lOVE them!

Unknown said...

i love reading your posts. now i want to get on my blog and post something fun and witty. we miss you Amber!!

Lexie said...

What a great recap of the year. I love all the things you do and the way you write about them. I can't wait to see all the amazing things 2010 holds for you, maybe a trip to Virginia? I know, I have no shame, but I miss you!

ang said...

Lady you are seriously amazing. How stinking cute can you get? I LOVE your dress in the cooking/boss picture. I now know why I don't have a blog. I really don't want to exploit my ugly clothes, and lack of good use of time.

ang said...

Oops that's cooking/bosh!

Nicole said...

Great post! I wish my house was never messy. It's four against one around here (guess who the ONE is). I also want to visit your classroom library in the basement. That sounds awesome!