So, last year for my birthday a friend of mine gave me some fish-net tights. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about them. . . . and then I put them on and I was sold. I was serving as Relief Society President at the time and wasn't sure if I should wear them to church or not. The more I thought about it the more I thought "why not?" Truly, what is wrong with fish-net tights? nothing! In fact they show less leg than I normally would. I am not a fan of nylons. . . never have been, never will be. So, I like to look at wearing fish-nets as a compromise. I am covering my legs a little bit and looking great doing it.
I think that sometimes we categorize ourselves into being able to 'do' or 'not do' certain things with our wardrobe choices. Like, I used to think that I couldn't wear dangly earrings. Funny, I know, or that I couldn't pull off tall boots -- wrong. You can wear what you want and wear it with confidence (within bounds of course). Sometimes I am the self-proclaimed fashion police, but someone has to do it!
Here are some definite no's!
NO - frumpy sweaters
NO - braided belts
NO - wooden necklaces with matching earrings (come on all you teachers you know what I am talking about)
NO - pleated pants
NO - dresses with lace collars (yes I still see people wearing these occasionally)
NO - knit pants with keds
NO -- cool-lots (you know shorts that are a skirt but not)
NO - hypercolor shirts (those are out sorry)
and that is just the start. . . with that, I think I will go put on my really cute new Banana Republic Jeans that I got on sale for a mere 39.99 + 20% off. . . I even convinced 2 friends to buy them.
What would you add to the list of definite NO's. . . . because there are more!
Fashion is really all about sharing!

10 comments:
sweater vests! Okay so maybe there are some newer more hip versions. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'll allow for a maybe. BUT Amber, do you remember the ones that I forced you to throw away??? Hah! You're such a fashionista now.
Love the fish nets..you have inspired me to think about getting some for myself.
Love your NO list. You are so funny!
Love it!! I'll let you know if I think of something! Oooh, just did. What about overalls? Do you watch the Hills? Justin Bobby was wearing them. Eww!
Thong sticking out of your low rider pants ... oh wait, I do that all the time! lol.
Love the fish nets - way cute! And p.s. you make me laugh!!!
What a great post, want to come out and help me get a little more hip on fashion? (At least I don't think I do any of your no's, but I could use a little less frumpiness myself!).
Amber you are so great and once and for all when can we go to dinner atleast? Thursday?
Denny's on university parkway? LOL
ha ha! i love it. ive been waiting for this post since we talked about it! i wore my fish nets today too! although, i dont think they'll do for wisconsin. its still too cold.
I might have to try out those fish net stockings!!
no socks with sandels/birkenstocks.
can't think of anything else now.
Ah! Haha! I forgot about this! so, since I'm on the Rez my kids think that colors don't exist. EVERYONE wears black, and it's always FOX. Black Fox hoodies, black Fox t-shirts, black Fox shorts, black Fox back packs, black Fox socks? Hahah, I just wanted to rhyme with that one, but I'm sure they do! So my rule would be: contrary to popular belief in Page, it is NOT cool to wear ALL BLACK FOX!
Post a Comment