This year, we, as a family decided to "act out" the nativity story. I don't think we have done this in a few years, since usually we don't have enough actors. This year we had enough actors and a very willing director (and assistant).
My nephew, Jimmy, was the director in assigning parts and my mom was in charge of costuming. Jimmy was very insistent about which person needed which part. Following was the casting list:
Angel: Megan
Inn-Keeper: Heather
Shepherds: Jimmy, Jim, Ethan, Camden(although he was a rebellious little shepherd), Ben
Wisemen/women: Grandma and Grandpa (I don't know what happened to the third wiseman. He probably fell off of his camel before he made it to see the baby Jesus.
Mary and Joseph: Amber and Derek
Donkey: Kristin (Jimmy loves Kristin that is why I think she received this highest honor)
Herod: Jared (they rhyme that is probably why he picked Jared)
Baby Jesus: Luke
I think that I got everyone. So, after we were all dressed the story began and we all acted out our parts. Jimmy got very nervous when Mary and Joseph weren't leaving fast enough with the baby Jesus to get away from Herod. (It wasn't our fault, the donkey wasn't moving fast enough). Seriously though, he was very sensitive about this and worried about the baby Jesus (aka his little brother Luke).
It was fun to get all dressed up and witness the childlike innocence and excitement that came from all the little boys who were taking this so seriously.

4 comments:
Amber I am TOTALLY excited for Dr. Quinn watching! I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes it. :) As for the Bosch mixer, let's get the bread making started. I'll let you know when I get the wheat ground.
That looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to act it out. So fun.
Sounds fun! All the grandkids on my dad's side tried the Nativity this year and I ended up catching the 'sheep' who decided to jump off the stage. Got a little crazy!:)
What a fun production and what a smart director to cast you as Mary. I'm sure it was fabulous!
Post a Comment