12.18.2008

Happy Birthday Mom!




Reasons why my mom is cooler than your mom:

1 -- She wears tapered pants and still looks cute
2-- She worries about wearing tapered pants
3 -- People think she is my dad's daughter instead of his wife (I can't figure out who that really reflects more on my mom or my dad. . . either way, she should take it as a compliment)
4 -- She can organize clutter better than anyone I have ever known. She should write a book "How to Organize Stuff you don't need, but want to keep anyway"
5 -- She has never died her hair and it is still really dark 54 years later.
6 -- She has a hard time keeping secrets.
7 -- She loves to do anything "active"
8 -- Sometimes she has weird tan lines from working in the yard, and yet she is the most modest person I know.
9 -- Food is more about presentation than taste to her (which explains why she thinks that Tofu is a food)
10 -- She loves Sir. James Gallaway. I would put a song or something on my blog, but none of you would ever visit again.


11 -- She has the biggest blue eyes and only wears mascara on Sundays. . . why would you need it any other day?
12 -- She never judges others. I have never heard her say something derogatory about another person.
13 -- She probably won't read this or make a comment on this blog, because she forgets her password. :)
14 -- She is my mom, which makes her cool by default.

Honestly mom, the list could go on and on, but you taught me early to bed, early to rise and I should have been asleep a long time ago. I love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that I would have to Agree with you on all those reasons! Just don't forget that she is my mom too!
Shawn

boxer said...

Yes, Amber dearest, I will get even for that picture! Your comments about your mom made me cry. She must be an amazing mom to have a daughter like you! Merry Christmas!
Robin

Lexie said...

I love Sis. Ostlerca, I would just have to add to your list that she gets embarassed when your Dad compliments her or flirts with her and I think that is very cute as well! (How does she look so cute in tapered pants? I wish I did!)