8.07.2008

Have you Ever?


Don't get all worked up about these beautiful flowers. I wish I could say that they came from someone special, but sadly they didn't. It was more like this:

I had to go to Costco to buy treats for school. My basket was loaded with things like goldfish crackers, m&m's, cheez-its, gummy bears, animal crackers and nilla wafers. Oh ya, and a really really great rug for my classroom that I found for a mere $24. 95! So, I was walking up and down the aisles, thinking to myself, "School is starting again, and I need a pick me up that doesn't have anything to do with easing little children's hunger pains 10x a day for the first two weeks of school." (Honestly, I feel like I am just a robot those first few weeks when I am asked starting at 8:31 am: "Teacher when is lunch?" Yes, they are hungry that early....and the hunger continues all day!)

Anyway, as I am pushing my cart down aisles packed with mothers who have diapers, wipes and applesauce, and bachelors who have their year supply of Pringles Take-Alongs and toilet-paper I spotted a little greenery among the grey I was feeling! These beauties were just shouting my name. However, inside I was having an argument with my self. "You don't buy yourself flowers." my self was saying. I fought right past myself and put those flowers right into my cart. I couldn't wait to come home and put them in a vase on my table. I knew that I had those place-mats that matched just perfectly.


So, while buying yourself flowers might be just a little bit crazy, it sure did make me feel great and I love looking at them!

4 comments:

Garnet said...

You're not crazy Amber. I totally do this too. Even if you have somebody special who COULD send you flowers, they don't always think about it ... so sometimes if you want 'em you just have to do it yourself! And you're right, it is a great pick me up.

Karen said...

That's awesome! Your place isn't complete without beautiful flowers!! :)

The Proctors said...

if you are ever worried about buying flowers for yourself, you can definately share with me!

Ann-Marie said...

Just consider it a decoration...you needed to get out the placemats anyways, right?