5.27.2008

Memorial Day and Flowers




I love flowers! So, this Memorial Day weekend I had some time on Monday to go and buy some plants. I had been putting it off because it has been so cold. Then, last week when it was warm everyone had the same idea I did and went to buy flowers at the Nursery. I didn't want to wait in hour long lines, so my task was postponed yet another week. When it was drizzly outside on Monday I decided it would be the perfect time to go and buy flowers. It ended up being a perfect day to plant also . I decided to venture out and even plant some herbs and tomato plants. Jeff isn't really excited about the tomato plants, but I even planted them in a different planter box than the basil. I bought some plant food in hopes that maybe my flowers will bloom just a little bit longer this year. I do what I can to bring beauty to this somewhat dreary little subdivision I live in. Maybe they will want to hire me out to do the rest of their landscaping. Jeff thinks that it is odd that I know and "notice" flowers everywhere we go. I don't think that it is that out of the normal, but then again I did grow up in a home where it was not abnormal to be up "before the bees" (that is around 5:30 am) to pick raspberries, weed the strawberries and do any other gardening that my mom could find for us to work on. So, with that. . . I LOVE FLOWERS!

1 comment:

Tyler and Rachael said...

Hey--thats what we did on Memorial day as well, and then again on Tuesday night, and again on Saturday. Planting flowers is always a good idea.