Yes, I can admit it.
Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever chosen to do. ever.
Sometimes I still don't feel like a mom, just Amber tring to fake my way through.
and then Natalie asks me to tell her a story about Jesus because she knows that I will keep rubbing her back instead of letting her fall asleep without me by her side. Spoken like a child "you can't kinda say no to Jesus right Amber only we say no to Satan."
So, with that in mind I have been trying really hard to say yes more often.
Yes, you can get out the easybake oven and help me with dinner.
Yes, I will stop folding laundry and read you a story before you can count down from ten to zero.
Yes, I saw you do the backfloat at swimming lessons. I also saw the huge smile on your face.
Yes, you can take a shower with me and then we can get you dressed and do your hair AGAIN.
Yes, you can finish your homework tomorrow and go find bugs and blow bubbles in the front yard because the sun is out. It might not be tomorrow.
Yes, I think we should surprise daddy with a "Family Restaurant" (aka dinner) when he gets home.
Yes, you did use the whole roll of tape, but there is more of that which will now be hidden for future use.
Yes, I missed you while you were at school.
Yes, we can take out the violin and "play" it.
Yes, I want to tickle you and eat you u because the strawberries on your pj's look so tasty so I will chase you all around while you laugh instead of putting you in bed.
Yes, I will save you from the "hot lava" on the way to and from school and cary you over the rocks or anywhere else along the way that magically turns into hot lava.
Yes, you can have a snack even if I just barely finished cleaning up breakfast that you didn't actually finish.
Yes, we can plan your birthday party that isn't until October.
Yes, I want to read your newest dragon story.
Yes, I can help you make your lunch for tomorrow.
Yes, I will tell you the story of Mr. Gutts the fly guy again and again and again. (Mr. Gutts was the nickname of the fly who lived in our home for about 4 minutes before we killed him to keep him away from our dinner)
Yes, when I die you can have my I-pad and pay dragonvale all you want.
Yes, you can exercise with me.
Yes, you can help with family home evening and for sure dad can be Goliath for the lesson.
Yes, I know you didn't wash your hands after you went potty.
Yes, I love the Nutella and sprinkles toast you made me as a surprise for breakfast.
Yes, daddy asks me to rub his back even more then you do.
Yes, I sometimes feel lonely.
Yes, we are going to come volunteer at school today.
Yes, I love the outifit that you picked out to wear today to school even if it doesn't match.
Yes, I can hold your hand so you won't fall.
Yes, you can wear my high heels and jewelry all around the house to be a "growed up"
Yes, I can push you on the swing
Yes, I am laughing at you. Sometimes I can't help it.
Yes you can wear that shirt to school because it is your favorite even if it makes you look homeless.
Yes, you have to brush your teeth with toothpaste for 2 minutes.
Yes, I want to read the story you wrote today and hear all about your day at school.
Yes I can count to 100 but I would rather hear you count.
Yes, I will put you in bed and kiss you one more time.
Yes, fruit and veggies are good for you.
Yes, we have to eat "grown up" food for dinner.
Yes, hide and go seek in our 900 square foot house is my favorite too and you are definitely the best "hider" and I didn't think I would ever find it.
Yes, lets turn on music and dance.
Yes, I watch you watching me and it scares me just a little what you might see.
Yes, I wonder what my face must look like when you ask me what is wrong.
Yes, I love you.
More than I ever thought it was possible.
Yes, it is exhausting.
But I wouldn't go back to my old life ever.
Yes, I am staying here
Forever.
Yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Oh Amber, I'm totally crying again, I'm so happy for you and your wonderful life! I think I should say yes more often too. Definitely!
You are doing so great! I need to do this more often too! Being a Mom really is the hardest job ever...but comes with the most rewards. Kaylee misses you.
Andrea
Beautifully said! Thanks for sharing this.
Beautifully said! Thanks for sharing this.
Sorry, I don't know why that posted twice. Wendy Denos
Interesting thing is....YOUR girls look so much like YOU! :)
They are SO lucky to have you. And don't worry...we are all faking our way through being mommy!
Beautifully put...thank you!
I love that list Amber! :)
You are awesome. I love your post and I am happy to hear you love your life!
Post a Comment