11.01.2010

quilting

Lately, I have kind of been on a  


quilting frenzy.  

Okay, frenzy might be stretching it, but I have been sewing a lot (a lot for me that is) the past month or so.  

I totally cut my finger and couldn't find a band-aid, but improvised! 

I am in a quilt block a month club and I just want it down for the record that I had my quilt blocks for October done almost 2 weeks ago.  Unheard of for me.  
My friend Julie came over and quilted with me, which made it that much more fun.  

I also just finished this quilt (that I started a LONG time ago).  I'll take pictures of mine once it is actually quilted.  Any suggestions of where I can take it to get it machine quilted? I'm looking for someone new. 

I'm not sure what I want to quilt next, but I always get fun ideas from the blog of another friend of mine. 
(but if we were being honest it is apparent that her skill level is 1000x mine)  
I used to teach her kids in school and little did I know what a talented quilter she was.  I should have been more attentive and aware of her great abilities.  If you love quilting you really should check out her blog.  Plus, she is giving stuff away and don't we all love free stuff.  I do, especially when it is fabric.  

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your post & comments totally made my day! And you are an awesome quilter! I love the blocks your working on.

About the quilt to you just finished: first, we need to see pictures of it like right now. Second, the girl whose site you got that pattern from does the most beautiful machine quilting and she lives in Heber. It took me 40 minutes to get to her little quilting studio and 20 of that was getting from my house through town to Provo Canyon. She would do an amazing job. Or, Ramona at The Corn Wagon in Springville does really good work. Or, I know a couple of really good quilters out-of-state you could mail your quilt to. Just let me know if you're interested.

xo -El

Aubrey said...

My friend's sister does quilting and apparently is a little cheaper. I'm exactly sure where she lives, but I don't think it's too far. Let me know if you want it and I can get the info.

Unknown said...

You are inspiring! I need to jump on the bandwagon...I need a sewing machine first. Between you and Garn...I'm always behind!

Deena said...

You are so talented! So much fun! I can't wait to see it finished!