10.31.2010

shares a birthday

I share my birthday with Katy Perry



and Pablo Picasso.  

What do you think that says about me!? 
Seriously, they are both a little bit/ a lot crazy.  

Talented but crazy. 
Good thing I am so normal.  I am going to assume that they day I was born (Ocotber 25th) really doesn't define who I am.  

I guess if I am going to assume that then I should assume that how old I am getting doesn't actually define who I am either.  

Unless of course there had been 2 really cool people born on October 25th in which case it would have totally fit because I am so awesome and only people with the same level of awesome as I have could be born on October the 25th.  

The point of this post is to say Happy Birthday to myself.  
I don't have a husband who is going to write up a post about the 31 reasons he loves me and thinks I am wonderful, so I am expecting you, my readers to give me at least 31 comments about why I am so great.  

I can hardly wait to see what you all have to say.  

Oh and just in case you are wondering what I looked like the day before my birthday 
(last Sunday) 
behold below








11 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yay I get to be the first to write something great about you! I could actually write quite a few things. You are so dang cute, seriously so nice, and an entertaining blogger. I'll have to check back in a few days to make sure you get your 31. Everyone deserves to hear good things about themselves for their birthday...married or not.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday...Not sure what to think of you sharing your birthday with Katie Perry though.hmmm...

You are so cute, you have an awesome wardrobe (when we were roommates, I loved sharing clothes ;)), your totally athletic, your educated like no other!, you have the funniest stories to share all the time, you are so good with little kids, and little kids adore you, you always have a fun project you are working on, you have a strong testimony, you say what you feel, and you are always willing to go on blind dates. :) WOW...I wish I could be more like you, Amber! Hope you had an awesome birthday!

Garnet said...

Oh, where does one start? 1) You never fail to get your car stuck in a muddy snow bank, in the middle of the night, at Dennys. 2) You know the importance of a good kiwi sale. 3)you know your way around a Bosch 4)You're not afraid to start a gazillion craft projects that you may never finish 5)You're always up for a little treat (maybe some cottage cheese!)6)You know that when I took away your free agency it was for a good reason 7)Fabulous fashion sense 8)you're hilarious 9)you motivate me to want to do the right things 10)you're always so willing to help when I dump ALL my underwear outside our apartment in front of Scott Esplin ... Okay, I've got more. But I've also got a cold. And it's late. So I must sleep. I'll do 21 more later.

Deena said...

You are so willing to help everyone around you, funny, so many talents and just the most awesome person ever!!

Red headed left handed Bishops said...

I hope you had a fantastic birthday!! And you are amazingly awesome and wonderful!! You always have the funniest stories, the cutest clothes, the best book collection, you are such a great friends and I always loved our talks at Millrace!!

Chris said...

You have the best sense of humor and a great smile and laugh to go with it! You're awesome! Happy belated Birthday!!! We need to get together for lunch!!! Seriously. When are you available?

Elizabeth said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

Cute picture! And having a husband (or not) should not define you. Mine hardly remembers to wish me a happy birthday and forget about presents, and much less coming up with reasons why I am awesome and then blogging about them. That would so never happen in my world.

So, reasons why you are awesome:
You have great taste in shoes and clothes.
You totally rock that short hair of yours.
You are an awesome teacher.
You are a great writer.
You are crafty in about 12 different ways.
You can run a marathon.
You are a serious biker.
You're thinking of doing a triathalon.
You have a big heart.
Family is important to you.

I hope you've at least gotten 31 reasons by now. I looked over the other lists and some of them over-lap, but I hope you know that you are amazing.

xo -El

Dezi & Brock said...

Your friends should've posted one reason with each post.Haha, j/k. I love that you're nice to me, even though you don't have to be. We're not even really related! And I love that I want to do the triathlon with you just because I think you're really cool, and I would love to do it with you. (We did the Moab 1/2 marathon!)

Lexie said...

I feel like a complete heel! I guess when I was thinking about you and calling and making you chat with me, I should have though to look at my calendar! I hope your birthday was awesome though and even though this is belated, I have to add some of the great things about you. You are an "Ostlerca," you know how to find a good mosaic, you are a so fun and always looking at the bright side. I love how smart you are and what a great teacher you are, and I think that no one can tell a little kid story like you. I remember my sides almost splitting with your tales of, "Teacher! Teacher!" and your readings of Junie B Jones. You are so good at trying new things and adding new talents to your ever-increasing list. You are just amazing and I love you!

Julie said...

I have so many things I could say! You are: generous, loving, insightful, spiritual, thoughtful, kind, hilarious, my quilting buddy, an example of how to reach out to others, the answer to many prayers for many people, trying to do what's right all the time, honest, supportive, talented...and so much more! You are one of my favorite friends! Love you, Amber! I just have to say that I think it's going to be a great year for you! :)

herifords said...

When I think of you Amber I think of someone who is happy, motivated, friendly, and spiritual. Hope you had a great day!