4.27.2010

A Little Treat

I know I should be asleep. It is, afterall, almost "tomorrow"


However I have a few things to say before I retire to my bed.
and since I am staying up late lest talk about this:

The later I stay up the more I snack.

ohhh. . . the life of a snacker.

Here are a list of foods that you can eat and actually burn more calories in the consuming than you would take in during the eating.
  • Celery
  • Oranges
  • Strawberries
  • Tangerines
  • Grapefruit
  • Carrots
  • Apricots
  • Lettuce
  • Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Watermelon
  • Cauliflower
  • Apples
  • Hot Chili Peppers
  • Zucchini
Sometimes these foods are called negative calorie food. Really, I eat and enjoy all of these foods (with the exception of Hot Chilli Peppers). I am pretty sure that without hesitation I can say that I have never thought to myself: "Self, I think I'll have a snack. . . hmmm . . . what is this? Oh! A hot chilli pepper. Just what I was looking for" Nope, never done that.


Even as tempting as this delicious negative calorie celery looks I am pretty sure that most days by snack cravings look a little bit different. Lets be honest, I would rather be eating any of the following items:

Note: these are NOT non-calorie foods (sad, I know).

** A Snickers Candybar (or 2 or 3 really)
** Chips and salsa
** Ice Cream (of any variety)
** Grasshopper cookies (most likely the whole package)
** Cottage Cheese (I know it doesn't really fit the list of treats, but it is truly a "treat" to me. I love it every day, all day).
** Mint Chocolate Creamies
** Anything "bad" for you.

Why can't I crave celery? I even have some in my fridge.

I think I should go to sleep so I can get up and run off these ridiculous cravings!

Oh, how I love a "little treat" Now just to pick which one to eat for breakfast since I am trying a new "no snacking" after 8 rule.

2 comments:

sarah said...

I guess great minds really do think alike! A few nights ago, I put a little note on the fridge that says 'After 8? Too late!' How corny is that. But it has helped!

Lexie said...

Oh I feel so much the same way. In fact I enjoy every item on your snacking list (the caloric one) and not only have I not ever said, OH I want a chili pepper, I don't think I've ever craved celery either. My problem is deciding which one (or two or three) to have on a given night!