Last weekend I successfully donated blood. This may not seem like a big deal to anyone, but it was monumental for me. The last time I donated blood was when I was in Jerusalem on study abroad (12 years ago). . . and I passed out. Ever since then I have tried to donate blood whenever there is a stake blood drive and I either don't weigh enough or my iron is too low or who knows what.
So, I went last Friday to the Stake Blood Drive expecting them to turn me away. I am sure that they have never seen anyone so excited when they told me I could donate. They even said that I was "fast" Apparently I donated a pint of blood in under 4 minutes. No passing out, no low iron and for sure I weigh enough.
As I got to thinking about it I decided I have a few more things I would like to donate.
Today I would like to donate some tears. They seem to be coming in about a pint at a time (albeit not in under 4 minutes) for me lately. Seriously, someone else can have them and even keep them. They might as well get put to good use, because really all they are doing for me is ruining my makeup and making me lose my appetite. I will gladly save someone else the stress of crying and worrying and crying and wondering and losing all those tears. Have some of mine!
I think I'll start a tear donation center. Pretty sure it would be primarily women who showed up, because it doesn't seem like men really care or cry -- I guess we could donate to them.
So, I went last Friday to the Stake Blood Drive expecting them to turn me away. I am sure that they have never seen anyone so excited when they told me I could donate. They even said that I was "fast" Apparently I donated a pint of blood in under 4 minutes. No passing out, no low iron and for sure I weigh enough.
As I got to thinking about it I decided I have a few more things I would like to donate.
Today I would like to donate some tears. They seem to be coming in about a pint at a time (albeit not in under 4 minutes) for me lately. Seriously, someone else can have them and even keep them. They might as well get put to good use, because really all they are doing for me is ruining my makeup and making me lose my appetite. I will gladly save someone else the stress of crying and worrying and crying and wondering and losing all those tears. Have some of mine!
I think I'll start a tear donation center. Pretty sure it would be primarily women who showed up, because it doesn't seem like men really care or cry -- I guess we could donate to them.

2 comments:
I would have plenty to donate to your tear center. Where do I sign up?
hey sis, i hope everything is alright. i think you need a vacation. how about ice cold Wisconsin?? :D we love you.
Post a Comment