9.15.2009

reads (too much)

I am more than obsessed with reading, it is like an addiction for me. Lately, I buy every book I see (because I don't want to wait for it at the library). I could read all day every day and be the happiest girl alive.

However. . . .

I am taking back a book that I am reading. Seriously, it is just too much for me. I put it down last night and wondered what I had been wasting my time doing by reading it. I hate it when that happens. I am always so disappointed when something I have been wanting to read turns out to be less than I expected. Good thing Costco has a no questions asked return policy. Although, I might just tell them what I think of this book. . . I have before.
(I am not going to tell you what book it is because maybe you read it and thought it was great and that is okay too)


"As with companions so with books. We may choose those which will make us better, more intelligent, more appreciative of the good and beautiful in the world, or we may choose the trashy, the vulgar, the obscene, which will make us feel as though we've been wallowing in the mire."

(quote from President David O. McKay -- taken from Our Refined Heavenly Home by Douglas L. Callister, Ensign, June 09)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I need to take more time to be addicted to reading. I love it, but where does all the time go? I'd love a list of your favorite books. That would be a fun blog to read!

Ali said...

What have you been reading recently. I happen to find myself with a bit extra time on my hands and would love to feed my own addiction. Ditto to what Natalie said. Would also love a list of you favorite books. ;)