3.01.2009

Thinks everyone should watch this

I just found this today and think that everyone should watch it. It is just a short little video that has excerpts from Elder Uchtdorf's talk from the last General Relief Society Meeting (in October). To be honest, I don't really remember "hearing" this message last October. I think that I was kind of turned off to hearing at that point, having just gone through not the greatest of break-ups, I wasn't in a really great spot emotionally or spiritually.

Really, I didn't want to hear anything about creating or making ourselves better or anything of the sort. I was probably past feeling. Thankfully that is no longer the case and I find great peace in the message that is shared in this short clip. I even went back and re-read the talk in the Ensign. It is scary to think where I would be without the words of our Prophet and Apostles to give me guidance and hope. If you go to the website lds.org it talks about these Mormon Messages. You can find a new one each week. I think it is amazing how we can spread the gospel (or just provide reminders for all of us that have the gospel prominent in our lives) through the media!

ps -- I am sure that there is some way for me to just put the actual clip on my blog. . . I am just not sure how.

5 comments:

Karen said...

That's awesome Amber. I think I am going to have to follow your example and put it on my blog too. Thanks~!
p.s. when are we going to get together?? ;)

Karen said...

O, and if you want to put a youtube video on your blog, just copy and paste the "embed" (on the right side of the screen) into your text section and it will show up on your blog. It looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but it amazingly works. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's great and wonderful to hear again!!

Tam said...

I totally LOVE that clip...Mormon messages is such a cool new thing to inspire and lift us. Glad you blogged about it!

carrielyshous said...

Hey Amber, thanks for the idea- I put it on my blog, then used a clip for FHE! Look what an influence you have :D